Jonathan Hutson is available to elevate the strategic communications performance of your organization or cause by offering a scope of services that include:
- Conceiving, planning, and overseeing innovative and impactful communications campaigns.
- Growing and engaging targeted lists of supporters through earned media, social media, email, and multi-media story telling.
- Optimizing your social media strategies.
- Acting as Interim Chief Communications Officer or Interim Communications Director.
- Strategizing with your team about your communications goals, plans, and metrics.
- Strengthening methodologies for measuring, evaluating, and reporting on your communications and marketing effectiveness.
- Presenting at conferences and workshops.
- Writing and reframing narratives and opinion pieces to advance your advocacy goals. And placing them.
- Designing crisis communications and rapid response protocols.
- Targeting and pitching senior staff media appearances to TV and radio producers.
- Generating broadcast, print, and online media coverage in influential domestic and international outlets.
- Enhancing the personal brands of key leaders and subject matter experts.
Contact Jonathan to schedule your free, 30-minute consultation.
Design an effective strategic communications plan
Strategic communications means messaging infused with a purpose and a plan. Jonathan Hutson helps you create and send the most powerful messages, through the most effective channels, measured against well-considered organizational and campaign goals.
This is how you orchestrate your messaging across channels to influence public policy or realize your campaign goals.
Your strategic communications plan will promote the brand of your organization or cause; involve messaging across multiple channels (such as email, social media, video, op-eds, blogs, and earned media); target key decision-makers, people who influence those decision-makers, and people who share your interests and values; urge your target audience members to take action; and measure your communications activities and outcomes.
Generally, you want to set strike a balance between distributing key messages and attracting members of your target audiences. And you want to evaluate the impact of your messaging by establishing metrics: meaningful, measurable goals, including any tangible outcomes. A seasoned, professional communicator can design an effective plan tailored to your needs.
When you pursue a strategic communications plan, instead of merely reacting in the spur of the moment, you position your brand in a proactive way that maximizes your impact. When your plan includes appropriate metrics, you can make data-driven decisions that help you constantly improve your performance. And your stakeholders will be impressed by the thoughtful way you report your results.
Contact Jonathan to talk about how to design or tune up your strategic communications plan.